PILGRIM INFO MEETING AND MEET & GREET
Thursday, September 27 • 6:00 – 8:30pm
St. Teresa of Avila, Valparaiso
• Emily led everyone in a getting-to-know you activity. If you didn’t attend, we’ll want to get to know you!
• Kevin played an edited-down video of a webinar for pilgrim leaders coordinated recently by the USCCB WYD office. The video is 27 minutes long, and pilgrims who didn’t attend should watch it. The video covers:
– a quick look at Panama
– travel considerations (medical/documentation)
– a general look at the WYD schedule/tips
– food during WYD
– important considerations for the Saturday Vigil/Sunday Mass
– Panama travel
– security and safety
Watch that video here: https://youtu.be/HgUDL583dLw
• Kevin asked that all pilgrims read the handout “WYD Basics,” as it serves as an excellent introduction to the major highlights of WYD week.
• Reviewed other handouts:
MAKE SURE YOU READ UPDATED INFO ABOVE UNDER 11/15 UPDATE
– updated itinerary VERSION 1 VERSION 2
– ‘Other WYD 2019 misc. items, in no particular order’
– First draft of packing list, so that you might get started (will be updated in Dec.)
– ‘About shots’: IMPORTANT- there is conflicting info about this, and even USCCB is unsure. Kevin will continue to update us as info becomes available. MAKE SURE YOU READ UPDATED INFO ABOVE UNDER 11/15 UPDATE
• This World Youth Day is about typical, in that there are very few specifics known or confirmed about WYD activities themselves—including location of Vigil/Mass site—and those aren’t typically known until 1 or 2 months out. The reason for that is that they want to wait as long as possible to assess registration numbers.