Hello Dear Friends!
Welcome to the monthly Young Adult Ministry update! One day, I’ll come up with a catchier name for this, but for now, just know that once a month you will receive an email with a list of some of the great things that are going on around the Northwest Indiana for young adults. Please feel free to share this with your peers and parishes. Are you part of a young adult ministry? Share your events with me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will pass them along.
Peace and all goodness!
Ministry Consultant for Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Diocese of Gary
To help us plan for future events, please fill out this Google Form to let me know who you are and where you are located. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
- Please pray for our young adults who will be going on the NWI Awakening Retreat this weekend. Pray that they have a fruitful, powerful retreat!
- Presentation on Pope Francis’ Christus Vivit, November 25, 6:00 PM, St. Matthias Church, Crown Point.
We are excited to announce that we will be hosting an evening presentation on Pope Francis’ Post Synodal Apostolic Exhortation, Christus Vivit: Christ is Alive, which the Holy Father addressed to all young people. Our Speaker will be Paul Jarzembowski, who works at the USCCB with Youth and Young Adult Ministries under the Secretariat of Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth. Paul was part of the USA delegation that attended the Vatican Synod in Rome last October on Young People, Faith, and Vocational Discernment. We are so excited to bring his wisdom and observations from the Synod and from Pope Francis’ Christus Vivit. The event is FREE, but we are asking people to register to make sure we have enough space. You can do so here: Register here Please feel free to invite anyone you know! This event is open to the public.
This talk is for people who:
- Minister to young adults.
- is a young adult
- is a member of any age at a parish
- want to know how to incorporate young adults into their ministry
- are passionate about sharing in the ministry of the Church with others
- Theology on Tap is a speaker series for young adults who are curious about their faith, want to go a little deeper, and enjoy good beer (or pop). Young adults, 21-39, are welcome to attend the upcoming series sponsored by St. Michael in Schererville and Our Lady of Grace in Highland. Click the links below to find out more info!Theology on Tap: St. Michael, Schererville
The next talks will be tonight (October 3) and October 10, 7:00 PM,
at Region Ale Taphouse and Eatery in Schererville.
Theology on Tap: Our Lady of Grace, Highland
The next talk at OLG will on October 13th, 6:30 at Our Lady of Grace Parish, Highland.
- Queen of All Saints in Michigan City has an active group of young adults who do service and social events each month. Tonight (October 3), they are meeting at Sake Asian Fusion in Michigan City for some social time. Email Jessica.Next weekend is the Inheritance Conference in Milwaukee! Young Adults from the Midwest will gather, listen to key note talks, explore their faith during breakout workshops, pray with praise and worship, and celebrate the Eucharist in the Mass and Adoration.
To register or get more info, click here.
Going? Let us know! We might be able to coordinate carpooling.
- Holy Name Parish in Cedar Lake is sponsoring a pilgrimage to Assisi and Rome! For more info, click here.
- Interested learning how you, your parish, or community can give back through works of Charity? Register to attend the Diocese’s Charity Summit, November 16, Queen of All Saints, Michigan City! This free event will feature a keynote address and breakout sessions where you can talk and share ideas with other people in the Diocese of Gary. Lunch will be provided.
- Raise your hand of you are a liturgical minister at your parish! I’m betting a lot of you are. The Diocese of Gary’s Offices of Worship and Intercultural Ministry are hosting “Source and Summit: Transfigured in the Eucharist/Fuente y Cumbre: Transfigurados en la Eucharistía.” All liturgical ministers are invited to attend: Eucharistic Ministers of Communion, Lectors, Art and Environment Ministers, Minsters of Care, Musicians, and Ministers of Care.” There will be sessions presented in Spanish and English. The cost is $35 per person, with a discount to $30 if three or more people from a parish signs up. Lunch for Saturday is provided. Registration will be available soon, but if you are interested, let me know!